Thursday, July 29, 2010

I was reading this article at PRleap.com and thought that many of the ideas proposed by the sight were very entertaining. The fourth prediction by futurists made way back in 2006 was:


Schools based on classrooms and a human teacher will dwindle over the next 25 years. Why sit in a classroom when you can visit virtual worlds and experience your subjects? An avatar, a personalized interactive guide, will answer all of your questions and help you pose new ones.

http://www.prleap.com/pr/60394/

This idea was novel almost six years ago, but it seems to be holding true from my point of view. I know I was taking a few online courses back then, but it really hadn’t become main stream as it is today. I believe it was just the other day when I heard an advertisement on the radio, here in Colorado Springs, that the state is sponsoring an e-class for high schools! That would have been unthinkable a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment