Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Future (Horizon Report 2010)

I thought it was interesting to read the 2010 Horizon report. Apparently I'm not the only person in a higher education program that thinks that scholarly authoring, publishing and researching is behind the times. The Horizon report points out an interesting fact about how the new forms of publication (forms, blogs, and reader rating systems) have no official place in 'scholarly research. Someone please push the academic community into the 21st century!

As for the technology to watch, in the Horizon report the first thing they cite is Mobile computing. I couldn't agree more. It seems that these days I can forget my huge desk top (with exception of the occasional game) and do everything from my phone. I love it, and the public wants more of it. Heck, I authored this post from my Android. (Android is my personal favorite OS for the future of light weight operating systems.) Three cheers for open source technology taking control of the market place!

http://wp.nmc.org/horizon2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment