Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Futuring... the past, present and the future, maybe?

So this post here is to spark some conversation in the my Futuring and Innovation course. I was surffing to find the end of then Internet (nope I still haven’t found it), and I found this article from the GREAT ‘Wired Magazine’:


“Where’s the Future? Will Ferrell’s Tour of Tech That Never Took”

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/08/ff_future_ferrell/all/1

Half way through the article I found this very interesting graph:

What We’ve Lost
The people, places, and things that were once the future—but vanished.


The thing that caught my eye! “Futurists” (I’m assuming this is the profession of) Has a dot on this graph, and Second Life! Both of these are located in the “Good Riddance” and “Boring” section. So my thought for everyone out there is: Have we really lost these great tools and were they really all that bad? The spark of new ideas from futurists and the first 3 dimentional web interface with customizable content, were great and if they are gone I’m sad to see them leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment